Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Russian fakery
  • heinrichheinrich
    I think this is fascinating. For one, the BBC -- on the same day the publish a big story claiming conspiracy theories are 'destroying' democracy -- writes this:

Now, even if we accept that this woman did the bombing all by herself, etc., note how the Russian intelligence services had to 'sex up' the photo to make it more obvious to a mouthbreathing public that she's a MUSLIM!

Second point: the big joke that intelligence services faking evidence only happens in Russia (so the BBC is free to report about it).
  • LordBaltoLordBalto
    So basically, if you don't believe the official lie, you are an enemy of democracy?

It's not the conspiracy theories that are destroying democracy. It's the conspiracies. And I have to ask, how is it that true democracy is so fragile that a healthy debate about what is really happening is going to destroy it? That doesn't sound like democracy to me. That sounds to me like some kind of distorted form of fake democracy, which, of course, tends to be rather fragile in that it flies in the face of verifiable reality.

The real question, though, is: Who died and left Chomsky in charge?
  • heinrichheinrich
    Hear, hear.