Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Boston Marathon bombings
  • RJDRJD

Being a marathon runner, I like to follow the Boston Marathon coverage. Right near the finish line there were two big explosions. Highly unusual, I think. Some injuries but no deaths so far, thankfully. Maybe it's just me, but the first thing that comes to mind with something so out of the ordinary like this, are the "usual suspects".

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130415/US-ATHLETICS-MARATHON-BOSTON-BLAST/?cid=hero_media

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-general/20130415/Boston.Marathon-Explosions/?cid=hero_media

• RJDRJD
    So far, 2 dead, 22 injured unfortunately. :(
  • LordBaltoLordBalto
    Right now, with Chavez gone, my money's on them blaming it on Venezuela and sending in the marines to steal their oil. Listening to Alex Jones, he and his cronies seem to think it's aimed at the right/libertarians, which I think is a stretch, considering the media is owned by the right. As always, we need to watch what the government does with this excuse in order to understand it.
  • RJDRJD

Well, from what I've read so far, they're saying that pressure cooker bombs may have been used, loaded with ball bearings, nails, etc. Then the article says that pressure cooker bombs are used in Pakistan, India, and are recommended for lone wolf terrorists by Al-queda in Yemen. In another sentence it says authorities are telling americans not to rush to judgement in linking these bombings to overseas terrorism. So far one could believe that's exactly what they're enouraging, I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. I hope I am. I think you're right, we'll need to watch what the govt. does in order to understand it.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130416/US--Boston.Marathon-Explosions/?cid=hero_media

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130416/US--Boston.Marathon-Explosions/?cid=hero_media

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130416/20130416115116402925804/

• LordBaltoLordBalto
    The longer this continues with no one taking credit, the fewer possibilities, it seems to me, that we are left with. Assuming for the moment that the "authorities" haven't finally figured out that broadcasting the names of the "terrorists" 15 minutes after the event, as happened with the JFK and MLK assassinations and the 9/11 events, looks rather suspicious, and have decided to wait a week or two before trotting out their patsies, I can think of only a few possibilities here. Chime in if you have any other suggestions. I'm really trying to wrap my brain around this:

1) The most obvious explanation would be that the various para-military departments have decided that the fear level among Americans has dropped to such an extent that their budgets are in jeopardy, especially considering all of this sequestration silliness. Keep in mind that the worse the job these folks do, the more money the congress throws at them, which, as far as I can tell, amounts to negative incentive to do a better job.

2) As Alex Jones has been desperately trying to backstop, the obvious association of April 15 with income taxes, the Federal Reserve, and the "sovereignty" movement would suggest someone with a beef against the U.S. government who doesn't think that anything further is required in the manner of explanation. I am reminded of the guy with the bowler hat and the umbrella at the Kennedy assassination. These folks have their heads so far up their own backsides they don't realize that nobody gets the symbolism until it is shoved in their faces by the representatives of the corporate owned media. And no, I don't buy the explanation by the supposed umbrella man, but that's another issue.

3) Jones's preferred explanation, of course, is a hybridization of the two above explanations: a staged and scripted event meant to demonize the right. A bit far fetched in my opinion, but that doesn't mean it won't be used for those purposes. Michael Moore is already blaming the right. (And has anybody noticed that Jones has suddenly become a "Christian" and started worrying about the government rounding up Christians?)

4) Low probability but interesting nonetheless: I am reminded of a Colombo episode in which a "serial killer" turned out to have murdered multiple people in order to cover up a very specific murder of someone he had a financial interest in seeing gone. Not likely, but I'm aiming at completeness here.

5) A possibility not even dicussed in the media, neither mainstream nor alternative, is that someone has a beef with the Boston Marathon itself, it's officials and supporters. One wonders if anyone has been fired recently, or had a dispute over routing, or been refused entry for whatever reason. It's almost funny that we have been so sensitized to "terrorists" and complex political conspiracies that the simplest Occam-worthy explanation is overlooked as a matter of course. After all, whom does this hurt, beyond the poor victims with their horrendous injuries, more than the reputation of the Boston Marathon itself? And, interestingly enough, this is the one explanation that would not require a declaration of responsibility, would almost demand anonymity from the perpetrator in his attempt to destroy that very institution. This argument could be extended, of course, to the entire city of Boston.
  • RJDRJD
    Well, according to the latest news, they have a suspect in custody in a "breakthrough" less than 48 hrs after it happened. The suspect is apparently on surveillance video from a Lord & Taylor store that was between the blast. Here it goes, its starting to roll out. It will be interesting to see where this goes. I would hope it was some radical group and that the usual suspects wouldn't stoop to this. Maybe thats wishful thinking. I don't know.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130417/US--Boston.Marathon-Explosions/
  • RJDRJD

Now the Feds are saying there has been no arrest contrary to widespread reporting. Of course, that contradicts that a law enforcement official, briefed on the investigation and unauthorized to speak, said there was. Either there is or there isn't. Someone can't get their ducks in a row.

I've been hearing the "false flag" operation idea thrown around a bit. 

1. I've heard somewhere that someone suggested it was a false flag for the govt. to take away our guns. I don't buy that so much. I chalk that up to those of the right wing lone-nutter persuasion. 

2.If it were a false flag. someone obviously has to be blamed. North Korea would'nt be plausible. Osama's off the shelf, but Al-queda is still around. I've already seen Al-queda mentioned.

It's probably too early to try and figure this one out. Could it be some isolated yahoos trying scare the crap out of people? Maybe, I just don't know.

• LordBaltoLordBalto
    Most of the false flag/"dark skinned" innuendo is coming from Alex Jones and crew. If you go to Info Wars you'll see a bunch of pictures with all kinds of red circles and arrows drawn around and pointing to various folks with mussed up hair carrying back packs, including one with a circle around some broad's butt marked "DA BOMB." I almost have to wonder if he's been hacked. Even Alex isn't normally that idiotic. One shows a red arrow to a back pack marked "zippered pocket," like that is somehow probative of something or other. The fact is there are thousands of images of thousands of people with back packs sporting all shades of skin color and hair neatness. Even Huffington Post has managed to dredge up the memory of Richard Jewell from their 15-minute media memory bank. If this is a false flag operation aimed at a particular group, the spooks have managed to lose their patsy. More likely, as I suggest above, this is meant to raise the general fear level of the American public, or it's somebody who really doesn't like Boston and its marathoners.

You know, what this really reminds me of is the serial sniper incidents around Washington, DC, where some idiot "witness" had the police searching for a "white van" from among the millions of white vans on the roads of America (almost every windowless van in the U.S. is white).

Like Darren McGavin said to
    David Duchovny in a deleted scene from the X-Files, "The FBI couldn't find their ass with both hands."

What's really beginning to annoy me is the notion that the perpetrators are going to be identified by looking at photographs, like somebody's going to be found waving a Koran and carrying a sign saying, "Barack should get out of Afghanistan." What happened to good old police work? Fingerprints? Serial numbers from the pressure cookers? Interviewing witnesses? It's as if the media has forgotten that such techniques even exist.
  • RJDRJD

I think your suggestion that it's meant to raise the general fear level is very good. Thinking about it, I'm surprised that no one has tried this before.

They reported that an injured Saudi young man was questioned, but apparently that was nothing. Of course its a very collegiate area, with Harvard and other universities there. Very common to have an international crowd of people, all with backpacks.

My wife has run the Boston Marathon many times. I'm glad she wasn't running it this year.

• heinrichheinrich
    I'd be inclined to think it was another false flag -- but for the fact they didn't have a story ready to go as to who's to blame.

However, the timing alongside the "Waco" explosion, which really isn't in Waco, but is getting called that -- makes me think they're pushing a domestic terrorism angle, especially since the latest grab-your-guns effort has stalled out.

This story here is too good to be believed:

• LordBaltoLordBalto
    Well, now there's one dead "suspect," who, like Lee Harvey Oswald, will never get to tell his story. As soon as both of them are dead, the government is free to float any story line they like. As for not having a story ready; as I suggested above, this would be a correction of the previous obviously suspicious tendency to announce the "suspects" before there was any way they could have determined who they were.

"Both suspects reported to be from a Russian region near Chechnya," according to the Independent. Well, I'm from an American region near Washington, DC, so I guess I must be a U.S. senator. This kind of innuendo is to be expected from the media, but it's not even clear what they are insinuating. That they are Moslem separatists? That they are anti-Moslem separatists? That they are evil Russian operatives, perhaps some leftover evil Com-Mu-Nists? Talk about not having your ducks in a row. These guys have lost the ducks.

The Guardian is reporting a "lockdown" in Boston: taxi service halted, subways halted. This is starting to look like a full-blown practice drill for the military/police takeover of the United States.

• LordBaltoLordBalto

• LordBaltoLordBalto
    Listening to NPR on the way to the barber. The geniuses have now completely lost track of the fact that the two patsies are from Dagestan and are now calling them "Chechens". And now some of Alex Jones's people are jumping for joy because the government has decided to go to Plan C and blame it on the "Chechens" and not on the Saudis or Right Wingers, despite Alex's own belief that multiple patsies were waiting in the wings for possible use.

Also, according to Jones, Facebook has been blocking any reference to photographs of Navy Seal/Craft Int'l people near the bomb site, claiming the postings are "spammy."

• RJDRJD
    With the reliance on the public and the flood of tips and photos coming from all over, the lockdown, the chaotic events unfolding, it almost seems too open, loose and uncontrollable to be an op by the usual suspects. One would expect a neat, clean, tight operation.

The poor MIT officer who was killed brings to mind the Tippit killing with the JFK Assassination.
  • heinrichheinrich
    It occurs to me that one difference between a false flag like this one perhaps is and a false flag like 9/11 is who is in charge of the messaging. If the US secret services trust a right-wing gov't more, or perhaps were even acting at the behest of Cheney, you'd have the whole massive White House media machine behind you organizing and disseminating crafted information.

If on the other hand the White House and certain other agencies are out of the loop because it's a truly deep op, they might be left to construct the story themselves, the damage having been done.

I find the choice of venue suspicious. I don't see how bombing the Boston Marathon would be the first choice of Muslim extremists -- even local ones.

But it does sound like the kind of BS you'd hear put forward as a potential target by shills and terrorism 'experts' testifying before Congress.

And why report this as Chechnyan? Don't they hate the Russians? Why wouldn't they go bomb Russia?

I suspect certain geopolitical cards might be being played here. Perhaps a false flag to serve as pretext for the US and Russia cozying up. Of course, there's also this:

Certainly the FBI's been setting up and enabling most of the other 'terrorist' acts in the past decade.
  • LordBaltoLordBalto
    RJD said:

With the reliance on the public and the flood of tips and photos coming from all over, the lockdown, the chaotic events unfolding, it almost seems too open, loose and uncontrollable to be an op by the usual suspects. One would expect a neat, clean, tight operation.

The poor MIT officer who was killed brings to mind the Tippit killing with the JFK Assassination.

That's interesting, in that I was about to compare the supposed shootout when "bomber" #1 was killed to the Tippit murder, in that it solidified the official scenario in the minds of the public. In other words, if Oswald would have killed Tippit, then he must have been the assassin, otherwise he wouldn't have reacted in that way. Of course, as DiEugenio pointed out on Thursday night, there are more holes in the Tippit murder than a wheel of swiss cheese. But yes, one could say the same thing about the campus guard.
  • LordBaltoLordBalto

heinrich said:

It occurs to me that one difference between a false flag like this one perhaps is and a false flag like 9/11 is who is in charge of the messaging. If the US secret services trust a right-wing gov't more, or perhaps were even acting at the behest of Cheney, you'd have the whole massive White House media machine behind you organizing and disseminating crafted information.

If on the other hand the White House and certain other agencies are out of the loop because it's a truly deep op, they might be left to construct the story themselves, the damage having been done.

I find the choice of venue suspicious. I don't see how bombing the Boston Marathon would be the first choice of Muslim extremists -- even local ones.

But it does sound like the kind of BS you'd hear put forward as a potential target by shills and terrorism 'experts' testifying before Congress.

And why report this as Chechnyan? Don't they hate the Russians? Why wouldn't they go bomb Russia?

I suspect certain geopolitical cards might be being played here. Perhaps a false flag to serve as pretext for the US and Russia cozying up. Of course, there's also this:

Certainly the FBI's been setting up and enabling most of the other 'terrorist' acts in the past decade.

Well, first of all, the mother's interview was phoned in from Dagestan. I don't know what their ethnic heritage is, but their nationality isn't Chechnyan. It's either Russian or Dagestani. And I was impressed with the mother's English.

Despite the RT slant against anyone from the Caucasus, some inteersting points were made. One wonders how the "bombers" knew the FBI was monitoring their web usage. And the twitter postings are interesting. Telling people to "be safe" before dismembering a crowd of them doesn't sound terribly believable, unless these guys are total psychopaths. It would be interesting to find out who these tweets were aimed at considering the meme says they had no American friends.

As for the Russians, like with the Kennedy assassination, it wouldn't take much to flip this and turn it into an excuse for attacking Russian interests, perhaps in Syria, where an American division headquarters is being installed next door in Jordan. Russia is, in fact, part of the BRICS group, which presents a direct threat to IMF power and, as Webster Tarpley pointed out at a presentation in Colorado recently, is a cause for war. The Tarpley presentation is here:

• RJDRJD
    http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130422/US-Boston-Marathon-Explosions/?

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130422/US--Boston.Marathon-Suspects/

One thing I find interesting from the first story is that the FBI said "Tsarnaev was seen on surveillance cameras putting a knapsack down on the ground near the site of the second blast and then manipulating a cellphone and lifting it to his ear."

-They show camera footage of them walking, but won't release the part where it shows the knapsack containing one of the bombs being dropped off. Why don't they show the footage? How do they know a bomb was in there?

-The use of the word "manipulating" in using the phone interesting
  • LordBaltoLordBalto
    Oh, that was yesterday's story. Now there is no video. By tomorrow no one will remember the video story ever existed. Ignore your calendar, folks. It's 1984 and the Ministry of Truth will tell you what to believe on a day-to-day basis..

What really bothers me is that there is very little middle ground between the mainstream/alternative media kissing the ass of the government and Alex Jones and his far right fluoride-fearing bible-thumping cohorts turning every inconsistency into a new example of the New World Order/Illuminati/Bilderbergs coming to take their phalluses, er, guns.

One example of the middle ground may be found at http://www.sott.net/ That's Signs of the Times. These are associates of Laura Knight-Jadczyk.
  • RJDRJD
    The narrative is getting interesting. Now we have a "mysterious" person who was the guiding influence to the suspect. Sheepdipping ala Oswald maybe? I have no idea. He's not alive to say anything.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20130423/US-Boston-Marathon-Radicalization/
  • LordBaltoLordBalto
    RJD said:

He's not alive to say anything.

That didn't stop them from making bin Laden videos for ten years after he died.

It's gotten to the point that I don't even pay attention to what they say because they'll say something else tomorrow. That's the problem with lying. You forget what you said yesterday, or it becomes advantageous to say something different, so the lie changes. And only the hypnotized and the members of the Inner Party now believe anything they say. We have always been at war with Eastasia.

The sign of a true pathological liar is that they will lie even if it's to their advantage to tell the truth.
  • RJDRJD
    Yeah, I think I'm at that point too, because whatever they say will probably end up changing anyway.
  • LordBaltoLordBalto
    Now they are saying that the guy in the boat was unarmed. We have always been at war with Eurasia.

There is now an excellent analysis of the Boston events at Webster Tarpley's website. This is one of the few non-mainstream/alternative-media, non-Alex Jones/"Christian"/wacko sources of information:

http://tarpley.net/2013/04/23/cias-sponsorship-of-chechen-terrorism-is-key-to-boston-patsies/

• RJDRJD
    Here's a good article, something you'll never see in the mainstream media. I've had a feeling since the beginning that the agency was behind this. Their fingerprints seem to be all over it.

http://www.nationofchange.org/tsarnaev-brothers-had-cia-connection-1367503725
  • LordBaltoLordBalto
    I knew most of that already. Reminds me of Marina Oswald knowing the first American "defector" in Moscow before she met the third in Minsk, many hundreds of miles away. I guess spooks just travel in the same social circles. No reason to believe they were all working together. ;-)

Strangely enough, this also reminds me of this idiot robin who kept trying to drive his reflection out of his territory by beating my patio door to death before I pasted some paper over the lower windows. One has to wonder to what degree this all results from American stupidity, creating their own enemies, and how much it's just a big fraud to generate arms dollars.
  • LordBaltoLordBalto
    I like her analysis of the change in media narrative and terminology.

"Pipeline-istan." :-)
  • heinrichheinrich
    Russ Baker's whowhatwhy.com is running some pretty good articles on the Boston bombing. Looking more and more like Collier = Tippit ... especially with the latest casualty during an FBI interview, the confession supposedly scrawled in the boat discovered later, etc., etc.
  • LordBaltoLordBalto
    Some interesting stuff there. Unfortunately, until large war profiteers are prevented from owning the media, there will be precious little of this kind of reporting in anything resembling the mainstream media.