Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Is It Just Me? EWI , Editing while intoxicated?????
  • This is how a local paper edited my letter and sent it back via e-mail for my ok.

I told them what they didi with it causes it to make no sense the lady says she doesn't know why I am saying that.

What do you guys think????

to the editor,

The pivital events in Egypt cause a broad non-partisan witness to history to think back to the efforts of Sadat and the perils of a monolythic figure reaching toward the paths of peace as a philasophical tool for national survival.
                In America we need only look within half a century for a more personal set of illustrations.
                Martin Luther King Jr. , and Robert F Kennedy suffered hostility from the pro war social tiers in our country and in the recent book JFK and the Unspeakable auther James Douglass argues this was the true motive for the assasination of our 35th president as all three icons of that era oppossed the Vietnam conflict.
                Mubaric merely refused to be co-opted by the Israeli - Saudi - Egyptian , American proposal for the western balance of middle Eastern terrorand was therefore swept up in the social networked , Facebook backed uprising.Thus introducing a new method to the encyclopedia of the coup de tat.
                The lense that is best for Americans to focus thier attention is a brave new world surely, yet there is little expressions of fear by any in our mrdia as to the nature of what has truely risen organicly from the doctrine of preasure and the backlash of a totaliterrian state may be an even more draconian regeme that what was logicly destroyed in its tyranical wake.

• author said:

This is how a local paper edited my letter and sent it back via e-mail for my ok.

I told them what they didi with it causes it to make no sense the lady says she doesn't know why I am saying that.

What do you guys think????

to the editor,

The pivital events in Egypt cause a broad non-partisan witness to history to think back to the efforts of Sadat and the perils of a monolythic figure reaching toward the paths of peace as a philasophical tool for national survival.
                In America we need only look within half a century for a more personal set of illustrations.
                Martin Luther King Jr. , and Robert F Kennedy suffered hostility from the pro war social tiers in our country and in the recent book JFK and the Unspeakable auther James Douglass argues this was the true motive for the assasination of our 35th president as all three icons of that era oppossed the Vietnam conflict.
                Mubaric merely refused to be co-opted by the Israeli - Saudi - Egyptian , American proposal for the western balance of middle Eastern terrorand was therefore swept up in the social networked , Facebook backed uprising.Thus introducing a new method to the encyclopedia of the coup de tat.
                The lense that is best for Americans to focus thier attention is a brave new world surely, yet there is little expressions of fear by any in our mrdia as to the nature of what has truely risen organicly from the doctrine of preasure and the backlash of a totaliterrian state may be an even more draconian regeme that what was logicly destroyed in its tyranical wake.

We can't make a comparison without seeing what you originally sent in.

I used to send an occasional public comment to my local rag, but gave it up after realizing that the editor was going to intentionally ruin everything I sent in. He gutted my letters to the point where they made no sense, and even inserted incorrect spelling and grammar. The effect is that you don't want your name associated with what they're printing, so you just stop, and they get a good chuckle out of it.

• That was my point but I purposely left the original out so you could not mentaly fill in the gaps and say the peice makes sense because you would know what is meant.

In other words looking at it independently does it even seem a sober and logical statement without regard to its intent or maybe i am incorrect about the impression it will leave on the reader who has no clue what my agenda and there for intent is.

I had a rather trying time with the USA Today and the press of atlantic city in the way you are describing.

If it were not for the encouragement of Dr. Remmington I was prepared to abandon my little letter writting experiment.

And personaly I hope you go back to writting the local rags because firstly the little bit you may slip by them is surely better than the crap nomally pushed in the op-ed pages (just knowing the diverse , sage , and comedic nature of your posts here) and as I have tried to convince len and jim both in private e-mails the cumulative weight of individuals putting the mass media on notice that among the thinking and reading audience things like the assasinations , or even current geoscentric issues slanted to support things like WC , 9-11 com. , Obamas agenda , the stilted view of the uprising in Eqypt , etc , etc. , will not be apreciated by the audience they need to continue , and if ignored they risk having the interested readership putting their attention and therefore their money on a publication that will.
    In any given area publications are struggling with one another over an ever shrinking reading public.
    Every month with la bit of effort on my part I land something in print in the NJ/NY area JFK related. sometimes odd things happen (NY POST about Obamas state of the union) and I get peices of larger statements printed but it begins to create a noticeable web of online stuff that ties to exclusively online writting that by collective amplification make the overall opinion something that cannoy be ignored.

Why not use established structures to make loud collective noise to support our mutual viewpoint heard in the same way it is being done against us.

look at newspapers local to any basic metropolitan area and the increase of printed views and bs stories smearing and even out right lying about JFK are slowly increasing in regular upticks that if you study 6 months of press local to yourself you may also see other issues being pushed in the same way.

Either way an agrogate preasure by individuals can create a climate of preasure that one peice of mail or one e-mail at a time arriving in the same boxes looks like rain and builds to floods.

then again i am a psycho