Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

• DoctornoDoctorno
    It's "B-1 Bob"  Dornan was listed in 365 or 366 as B-29 Bob.

He was a California Congressman in the District where Rockwell
    was big, the contractor that built the B-1 bomber that Carter
    shelved, since Carter knew the B-2 was in the works.

If he was the B-29 cheerleader, that would have been for Boeing.

Which title belongs to Henry "Scoop" Jackson, "The Senator From
    Boeing"

Scoop was the war monger, water hauler in the Democratic Party
    who kept the Trotsky Gangsters under his wing, until they
    reinvented themselves as NeoCons in about 1980 and were vouched
    for by CIAs Wm. F. Buckley, sandwiched themselves into the
    Reagan Revolution much to the dismay of the (Today's Ron Paul)
    Taft Wing of the republican party who would have no part of the
    Wall St. corporatist war mongers that the Trotsky bunch worked
    with since the Russian and Mexican revolutions.

I personally think Reagan was not strong enough to fight Wall.
    St. alone, nor could He see an alternative,,,

To his credit, RR heartily endorsed Warren Beatty's movie "REDS"
    whose central theme was about being betrayed and overwhelmed by
    those who hold power after the revolution. The Handlers, etc.

It will remain to us to educate people and build a bigger base of people
    who understand what is going on if we are ever going to have a government that is accountable.
  • MinMMinM
    I actually prefer the Carson interview to the Steve Allen interview. Steve had to be aware of what a tool Bob Dornan was. So he took a lesson from Johnny's PR Hit and let B-1 Bob play bad cop.

It was also frustrating listening to Mort Sahl constantly taking Dornan's bait. Turning it from a critique of the Warren Commission into a referendum on the troops in Vietnam. So it was good to hear Jim DiEugenio clarify what Mort Sahl's role was in making that interview possible. And the price Mort paid for befriending Garrison.

More on Mort Sahl:
    Weekend Edition
    August 25 / 26, 2007
    "My Grandfather Came from Lithuania--Though Lou Dobbs Tried to Stop Him"
    Mort Sahl's Punchline
    By PAUL KRASSNER

On May 11, 2007, Mort Sahl turned eighty. He was a pioneer in stand-up comedy. He broke through the tradition of jokes about airplane food, Asian drivers, booze and frigid wives, instead sharing his wit and insights about political hypocrisy, racism, marijuana laws and monogamy. I first met Sahl in 1953 when he was a guest speaker in a course I was taking at the New School for Social Research. I was inspired by his satirical approach to serious issues.

"Every word I do is improvised," he once told me. "I don't rehearse anything. I start it on stage."

In the beginning, though, he would write key words on a rolled-up newspaper, which became his trademark prop. In 1960 he wrote jokes for presidential candidate John Kennedy, and Sahl's picture graced the cover of Time magazine in August during the conventions. When Kennedy was killed in 1963, Sahl endangered his career and was blacklisted as a result of becoming an associate of New Orleans D.A. Jim Garrison in his investigation of the JFK assassination..
    Paul Krassner: Mort Sahl's Punchline

"Heeeere's Justice!" 37 years ago this month, Johnny Carson spent 50 minutes with New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison

Sahl is one of my favourite undersung heroes of the Sixties, for having spent the capital of a successful career in the Quixotic pursuit of justice for the murderers of America.

From the cover of Time
    to "conspiracy monger"
    That strikes me as the trajectory of an honourable man.

There's an interview with Sahl a couple of months later in 1968, before the epochal one-two of Dr King and Robert Kennedy, that is as prophetic as anything I've read from that time:

ARGO: Why is the truth behind the assassination of President Kennedy the last chance of America for its survival?

SAHL: Because the evidence developed by District Attorney Garrison indicates that certain people had to take President Kennedy's life in order to control ours..
    Rigorous Intuition: "Heeeere's Justice!"
  • MinMMinM
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xo5hqn_snl-banned-episode-media-controlled-conspiracy-theory-rock_fun

http://aangirfan.blogspot.com/2013/02/sandy-hook-saturday-night-live-emilie.html

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/301426844857675776

‘SNL’ Lands in Hot Water With Anti-Defamation League Over Hagel Sketch

By Lloyd Grove @TheLloydGrove

The ADL’s Abraham Foxman tells Lloyd Grove the sketch reinforces the idea that Israel controls the Senate.

An unaired sketch from the Feb. 9 Saturday Night Live, lampooning
    beleaguered Secretary of Defense nominee Chuck Hagel’s confirmation
    hearing and the alleged influence of the pro-Israel lobby on the United
    States Senate, has prompted criticism from a group whose mission is
    fighting anti-Semitism.

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?p=490126#p490126

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?p=492039#p492039
  • I just watched the SNL skit here:
    and I must say, this has nothing to do with anti-Semitism. Some of the world's greatest comedians are Jewish. That the ADL can't see the humor in this is astounding. Apparently, it has gotten to the point where the Jewish establishment in the U.S., as opposed to the vast majority of Jews on the street, sees any negative portrayal of Israel or their stooges in the U.S. Senate as a direct attack on the Jewish people as a whole, which is, obviously, quite ridiculous.
  • MinMMinM
    More from Mort Sahl...

30 Jun

VIDEO: Appearance on The Steve Allen Show in 1960. The U2 spying incident and cover-up

9 Jul

Video, 1974- On the Watergate Hearings:

9 Jul

Whenever the US is in a
    pickle, why does PBS, BBC and MSNBC ask a guy from the CFR what we
    should do? Didn't they get us into the pickle?

1 Jul

Anderson Cooper is looking for the truth, fresh from his job at the CIA.

• MinMMinM

17 Jul

Ellsberg isn't clean. His job was to present papers that would blame
    the war on the Army instead of the C.I.A., that started it.

• LordBaltoLordBalto
    As for Ellsberg, he was CIA working for Lansdale in Vietnam, according to Valentine.

As for Sahl, I've made my position clear about folks who think that the Paul twins are anything but racist pigs. When are you idiots going to get it thru your heads that voting for another messiah isn't going to get you anything but more of the same? These bastards have all been co-opted, paid off, or had their lives threatened--whatever it takes.

And blaming it on the Jews/Israelis/Zionists just makes you look like a bunch of buffoons. Your enemies are in Northern Virginia, not Tel Aviv.

• MinMMinM
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57599191/b-1-bomber-crashes-in-southeast-montana/

B-1 bomber crashes in southeast Montana

A view from above of where a B-1 bomber crashed near Broadus, Montana on Aug. 19, 2013.

A view from above of where a B-1 bomber crashed near Broadus, Montana on Aug. 19, 2013. / Bill Stuver/Powder River Examiner.

A B-1 bomber crashed this morning in a remote area of southeast Montana, but the crew of four escaped with minor injuries.

US Air Force B-1B Lancer jet bomber in flight, file photo

US Air Force B-1B Lancer jet bomber in flight, file photo

/

AP

According a spokesperson with Ellsworth Air Force Base in
    Rapid City the crash happened Monday morning near Broadus. Two pilots
    and two weapon systems officers were on board, a base spokesman told CBS station MTN in Missoula, Montana. All four of the crew members ejected from the plane survived the crash.

Few
    other details are available at this hour. Ellsworth AFB is the home of
    the 28th Bomb Wing. They maintain and fly 28 B-1 bombers and are home to
    two of the Air Forces's three B-1 combat squadrons.

"We are
    actively working to ensure the safety of the crew members and have sent
    first responders to secure the scene and work closely with local
    authorities at the crash site," said Col. Kevin Kennedy, 28th Bomb Wing
    commander. "Right now all of our thoughts and prayers are with the crews
    and their families."

There are roughly 60 B-1's remaining in the U.S. Air Force fleet.

Residents
    of Ekalaka, tell MTN that the emergency sirens in that town were
    activated between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. to alert the volunteer fire
    department of that crash.

The Carter County Sheriff's Office has also confirmed that it is responding to the crash as well.

Authorities on the scene of a B-1 bomber crash in Montana on August 19, 2013.

/

Bill Stuver/Powder River Examiner.

Ekalaka residents tell MTN that neighboring ranchers reported
    seeing several parachutes deploy from the plane and an explosion before
    the plane crashed.

Since the crash, the ranchers has told the residents there has been a plume of smoke rising into the sky.

Ellsworth Air Force Base said the Air Force will be conducting an investigation to determine a cause of the crash.

© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

41m

Did you know that all 20 U-2 planes came in $3.5 mil under budget in 1955? That's about $28 mil. in 2013 dollars.